Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My manager is constantly telling me that I am not fast

Customer Question

My manager is constantly telling me that I am not fast enough! I am giving 100%. They tell me that I am slow but then they add another totally different job to learn in another department! After about a year and a half they cut down my hours in the other department and expect the same from me. I am legally blind and because of this it takes longer to read. My depth perception is off. Long story short I feel that my employer is not being fair. I am giving my all and have been in this laboratory for 15 years.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Before I ask questions about your situation, I need to make sure that you understand how the website and rating system works.

Many times in employment law situations, and particularly in Texas, the law is not in favor of the employee. When that happens we have to give the person asking the question bad news. It's true, but sometimes it's not in their favor.

On this website the customer rates us experts at the end of the question and answer and every now and then a customer is unhappy about the law and gives a negative rating. Unfortunately, that negative rating is taken by the website to be a reflection on me, indicating that I wasn't polite, wasn't prompt, or provided a wrong answer.

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood how the system works and that you will rate me on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not, since I have no control over that.

With that understanding, do you want me to discuss this in more detail with you?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If so, what specific question can I assist with?