Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

10 years ago I received a negative evaluation in my

Customer Question

10 years ago I received a negative evaluation in my fellowship training. I was not given access and did not know of it's existence until years later and therefore there was no opportunity for defense. The outcome was that my program was not completed. The information was untrue and kept from me. I was essentially bullied out of the program. Do I have any recourse now?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Unless this organization is currently making false statements of fact about you, that they know, or should know, are false, to a third party, then there would be no cause of action at this time. In other words, the statute of limitations would have run on any potential cause of action many years ago. In Wisconsin, the SOL for a contractual violation would be 6 years and for a tort, such as defamation, it is 2 years.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 22nd. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.