Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

In January 2011 I was honorably discharged from the Air

Customer Question

In January 2011 I was honorably discharged from the Air Force and qualified for 6 months of unemployment insurance benefits. I was told I could apply for benefits for up to six months after I seperated. From March-April I was employed, then unemployed. I applied for unemployment benefits in May and received $5404 in unemployment insurance benefits. In 2014 a warrant of lien was filed in Bernalillo County in NM but I lived in California at the time. Today I received a notice stating they will intercept my state taxes. I wasnt aware of any of this until I saw the tax lien on my credit report last year. I don't understand why I am being told to pay this back since I was told I qualified for it as an honorably discharged vet. Also, since the notice of lien was filed in a county I dont live in, can I simply request they withdraw the lien? I'd like to know if I have a case, if I do I'm like to be represented. If not, I'll just pay it.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand the question. What is your question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Phillip, I actually ended up solving the situation. No need for a response, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.