Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I am a manager in a school I've been acting years we are in

Customer Question

I am a manager in a school I've been acting for 4 years we are in elementary I've actually order one thing from secondary menu my boss said it was a kind of theft she saw my l as ladys serve it that day I wasn't there she came me took out of my school an in another school I was never formally trained at all for any school somewhere along the line it all boils down to seniority of another woman wanting my school they have always said if you act more than one year you get to stay but I don't know why they're pulling us I live in Maryland and will near Waldorf and they're putting me back in a school near the DC line I know that's not much to go on but I'm glad to talk to you in person please help(###) ###-####
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What does your union contract state about filling in an acting position and transfers? This is what you have to follow and what your employer has to follow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just know someone else wants to position and this is the only way that can get me out by saying I stole something they know I didn't steal it I served it on that one line it just wasn't on a production record so this way they're telling me they're moving me to another school while investigation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never asked for this position I was moved in it because my manager had retired it was only supposed to be for a little while and come to find out I was there for years never trained did everything perfect we're up for state review this year and this lady came and looked at my papers the only thing she found was the one box of cheese sticks that was for secondary and we are Elementary she says that's grounds of stealing and then I need to be moved to another school for investigation

Thank you for your reply.

They cannot falsely accuse you of theft for the reason to remove you. That is basis for filing a union grievance, which you must do to prevent their actions. Again, as a union employee, you have only the rights provided under the contract. If you were not a union employee you would have no rights in this case and could be moved for no reason at all. However, you say you are under a union agreement and as such the terms of that agreement govern what the employer can do.

I know your rep is out of town, but you need to find a union official who is around and file a grievance for them trying to move you based on false or fabricated allegations and that is your only real recourse.