Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work municipal authority which is union and was recently

Customer Question

I work for a municipal authority which is union and was recently awarded a new position. The job was posted for 10 days which I signed. A week before my start date they said they found a newer version of the the job posting. Now they are saying that the job is void and the process has to start all over again. Is there something that can be done?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Can you tell me are you saying you work for a union or instead you are in a union? Do you mean your employer (not the union) had a job opening that you were selected for but now they are reopening the selection because they say they made an error? Have you spoken to the union and if so, what do they say?