Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My 4th lawyer since 2010 is as corrupt as the others. I

Customer Question

My 4th lawyer since 2010 is as corrupt as the others. I refuse to lie about anything just to win. He made a deal behind my back and the other lawyer paid him some attorny's fees for allowing her to do the paperwork and go along with whatever she wrote up. I didn't hire her, I hired him. I refused to lie. I couldn't find another lawyer and I was winning when he solicited me as a client. Or else I would have fired him ASAP. I received 3 checks since I won in 9/10, on 3 separate dates I never knew when....for the past 5 years. I used them to pay rent, etc, as I had no choice....I should've been paid monthly or all at once. Total after he took his cut was 87K, he got 55K. Now I was just awarded my pension which everyone has said he cannot touch my pension only my time loss comp. But his letter today led to telling me he is taking a cut of my pension, each check. Isn't 55K enough plus the pay off he got from the other lawyer, besides he didn't do the work, I did and then he let her, until she got fired. I reported her. Now he's saying my pension started 3/14 so I will have 46K deducted from my first pension check to repay the self insured ex-employer for the time loss I finally got after fighting 13.5 years. I understand repayment if that is the case, but wht say it started 3/14 when I just now won the pension. I won the time loss in 9/10. It feels like the ex employer is getting out of having to have paid me time loss by working it out that my pension started 3/14, when it started 11/15. They get 46K back. But what about my lawyer's 30~35% he has receieved plus the extra? Every check (Only 3 years apart) had to be used to live on. If given to me on time since they were late, and all at once....I could have bought me a little inexpensive place to live and continue to pay bills. Instead they spread it out so I can't do anything, and they get it back all at once instead of how they paid it out to me. I should have fired my attorney...he does not deserve another cent from me especially each check until I die. I was told not to take a Perm Dis Award because he would get 30%, but he couldn't touch my pension, that's why I chose that. Please help me. I was almost paralyzed and suffer from panic & anxiety attacks due to all this corruption. I won without lying by the way, because I said NO for 5 years. They have dragged me through heck and back along with my son. Allison
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just added minutes to my cell. Not sure if it works yet. I apologize.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have minutes working now on my cell.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but I read the above and realize that you had a pension dispute, but I do not understand what your issue is now other than you are disputing the attorney's fees being charged to you.
What type of information would you like from us regarding your matter?
What did your attorney fee agreement say that the lawyer was entitled to?
Do you have actual evidence to support your claim that your attorney was paid off by the other attorney or is this just your feeling?