Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

I had fmla expired 10/22/15 gave new fmla papers on 9/22/15

Customer Question

I had fmla expired 10/22/15 gave new fmla papers on 9/22/15 I can renew it every year
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the fmla b used continually year after year
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it can be renewed every twelve month period (as opposed to a calendar year).

The employer can insist on a new certification each year (the same as on the first one) but there are no limits to how many years FMLA can be requested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Than you
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.