Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am am manager of a clinical health care facility. I was

Customer Question

I am am manager of a clinical health care facility. I was instructed by my supervisors to implement unsafe patient care practices as we opened a new facility. I expressed concerns to them multiple times related to my concerns about this. They continued to require me to implement these unsafe practices. I had talked to my entire chain of command and they all indicated this was what I needed to do. I resigned because I couldn't allow myself to participate in unsafe practices when resources existed to implement safe care. Can I bring action against them for the fact I now am unemployed because of the requirement to implement unsafe practices.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Possibly. But you will need to report the unsafe practices to an oversight agency. And I suggest, you can also apply for unemployment since you were required to do something that was "unsafe" for consumers. I am guessing by "unsafe" you mean against laws, rules, state and/or federal policy.

In that case, if you lay the ground work with making reports and it comes down to them being fined or sanctioned in some way, Then I suggest you will want to consult with a local attorney to further discuss you recourse as to how it pertains to a lawsuit.