How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 54800
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I retired in 2011 from a utility under the union contract

Customer Question

I retired in 2011 from a utility under the union contract that was in effect at the time.
The new contract that was ratified recently calls for the elimination of their retiree health insurance and they are cutting off mine.
Can they legally do so?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

They can cut off future benefits. It sounds like your benefit is earned called vested. As such, it needs to be honored and paid and your union should ensure that or pursue a lawsuit to get a court order enforcing your rights.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate the answer positively.

Related Employment Law Questions