Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

Can a licensed Optician (in Ohio) be able to supervise

Customer Question

Can a licensed Optician (in Ohio) be able to supervise apprentice via skype? Also, can the Licensed Optician be "on call" or a phone call away?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The law requires "direct supervision" and "Direct supervision" means initial and ongoing direction, procedural guidance, observation and evaluation, as appropriate, by a licensed optician or licensed ocularist who is registered with the board as the supervisor of the apprentice; and, who is continually available in person within the optical or ocularistry area at all times when the apprentice is engaged in optical dispensing or the practice of ocularistry. The registered licensed dispensing optician or ocularist shall supervise a maximum of three apprentices.

See law here .