Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Marsha. my wife was terminated by Walmart today. This came

Customer Question

Marsha. Hi my wife was terminated by Walmart today. This came without warning or pip. It stemmed from her own Admission she had vaccinated 11 individuals prior to getting one piece of paper from the state. She had received all her training and licenses but came across a memo that stated she needed a particular certification that she had not sent in for. When she told her manager and DM of the situation, they took a statement from her about the fact that she was not made aware of this initially during the company provided training. She ceased immunizing patients until she filed for and received the paper in question. Now, several weeks later they terminated her after 21 years with the company and she is worried their submission to the state would put her license at risk unnecessarily. Again no warning and no PiP whatsoever. Perhaps taking the stance that 11 immunizations resulted in 11 violations of state regs. thoughts on what should be her next steps? Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question and I am sorry to read about your wife's situation. Can you tell me whether Walmart has a written policy that says that warnings or pips must be issued in all cases prior to terminations? Also, what is this "paper" you are referring to? Is your wife a pharmacist and is this a license from the State in order to be able to administer injections? If not, please explain. Thank you

I just wanted to touch base with you again, as you have not answered my request for more information I sent you yesterday morning in response to your question. If you still need assistance I will need that information before I can assist you. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact customer service for a refund of any deposit you might have made with them. Thank you