Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was placed on admin. leave with pay and told Dec 1 I will

Customer Question

I was placed on admin. leave with pay and told Dec 1 I will be reassigned and my coaching duties given to another. I had a run in with a board member over his daughter crying to come our for my team. She said her dad or board member would not let her come out. I received a letter this morning sending me home with pay for the remainder of the month of Nov and that I will be reassigned teaching duties that do no include my coaching. What can I do to get my coaching duties back.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question and I am sorry to read about your situation. Can you tell me if you have a written term contract that guarantees specific duties and that cannot be amended? Also, can you explain what sort of employment you have? Are you a teacher in a private school or what specifically? Are you saying that you had a disagreement with a board member and that this is why you are being suspended and duties changed?

I wanted to touch base with you as I have not received a response from you to the information request I sent you yesterday morning in response to your question. If you still need assistance, I will need that information in order to help you. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact customer service for a refund of any deposit that you might have left with the Site. Thank you.