How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116140
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a registered pharmacist teaching a class to certify

Customer Question

I am a registered pharmacist teaching a class to certify pharmacy techs.I went through the proper sources asking permission to order a blood pressure pill and a muscle relaxer to illustrate concepts. Now I have been dismissed from employment and told I will have to appear in front of a magistrate and will probably be sent to appear in court. What can I do to show that I am innocent of moving/selling the drugs I used.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you went through the proper sources, you need an attorney first of all. Your attorney needs to serve the school with a "data retention letter" and also then get a subpoena for the information from your computer. Furthermore, even if it was erased, a computer expert can recover it in most times.
If this was part of your educational program and you have proof as you say, your attorney should be able to get the charges dismissed. You can get the records from the school computer and once you do so and the charges are dismissed, you can also sue the school for wrongful termination for them terminating you for following policy and getting proper authorization.