Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I nanny son's family, they told me I would work 7am -6PM hrs

Customer Question

I nanny for my son's family, they told me I would work 7am -6PM for 8 hrs pay. I believed them, but when I now look at nanny jobs for future, since I am leaving them as agreed at the end of December, I see that all nanny jobs basically get paid by the hour. Is this true?
Also, my daughter-in-law is very bad at being verbally abusive to me when she does not like something I do. What can I do about this?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

You should e paid by the hour, each hour and paid overtime at 1 and a half your hourly rate for any hours above 40 hours worked per week.

As to your daughter-in-law, there is no legal cause of action that could be filed against your daughter-in-law unless it becomes physically abusive.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my tie. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for verifying the pay, can I write a letter to the company HR dept and put it in my file? I am paid thru her company as her perk, last I knew,

Yes, you should write such a letter so that It can be placed in your employment file.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.