John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

Was receiving benefit 0f $1953 after Medicare deduction.

Customer Question

Was receiving benefit 0f $1953 after Medicare deduction. Long-term disability from ex-employee is increasing from $50 to $570 a month. Right now I'm receiving the full SS benefit and the full LTD disability payment from UK. Is this correct or should the SS payment decrease by the the amount from LTD disability payment? Will I owe money back to SS for the payments I have received since July?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today.My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

SS does not offset by what you receive from a LTD process, and you would not have a SS over payment as a result. Most LTD policies do decrease (offset) the amount you receive from them however. But if yours does not then you are golden.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quick response, answered my question precisely and very quickly. Almost answered within 10 min.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Please leave a positive rating before you exit this chat as it is the only way I get credit for my answers. If you have any questions in the future regarding this matter come back to this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Thanks and good luck with the matter.