Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am red in the United states and was sent overseas to work

Customer Question

I am hired in the United states and was sent overseas to work for that company.While working there my employer was not paying my Wages to the Employment office. Now, my contract is finished and I am back home in the United Stated, I cant claim the unemployment benefits because the wages were not paid to the Unemployment office. I need help to
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information, however, it appears your post was cut off. Can you tell me what your legal question is? If you are asking if you are eligible for UI benefits can you tell me what State you were hired in, where the Company is headquartered in and what your contract says about what jurisdiction's (State) law applies to any controversy under the contract? Were you a W-2 employee? Finally, can you tell me why you left employment? Was it the end of your contract?