Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I live in Maryland and recently quit my job. I was director

Customer Question

I live in Maryland and recently quit my job. I was director of research and development. Two months ago the company laid-off my team in North Carolina, closed the office and asked me to take a new position. That position was untenable - all leadership for the new team was laid-off and i wan unable to realize the goals of the new CEO that cleaned house. They wanted me in that position as a bridge for a new person and forced me to resign to get our of a very unhealthy position that they place me in. Am i eligible for unemployment given what i briefly described? -Greg
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I am very sorry to hear that you had to go through this with your employer...

.

When you say they forced you to resign...did they tell you that you would be laid off or terminated if you didn't resign?

.

.

thanks