Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I had been told I needed to retire because I needed my 2nd

Customer Question

I had been told I needed to retire because I needed my 2nd brain tumor removed and the last time 10 years earlier, when they first removed it, I worked outside the office at home when I wasn't learning to crawl,stand take little steps and finally could walk. I would walk to the bathroom and because I was wobbly, people started rumors I was drunk or on drugs. So I gave in and signed where they told me. I was a 2 step 12, making 48,000, but this was before locality pay. I received locality pay for several pay checks but was told to give it back. I refused to give the locality pay that I received after I returned what they demanded. Then I was nervous so I asked Senator Frank Murkowski to intervene and I received a letter from the Head of OPM that when my final retirement numbers would be correct and I would get it paid retroactive. Well when I turned 62, I wasn't sure if I would be paid as a 2 step 12 or as the pamphlet says include all normal pay increases (every other year we get a new step) so it was a 2 step 23 or just my 2 step 12 with the locality now worked in. I got neither. I was figured at $48,000
as in when I retired instead of locality pay @ level 2step 12 with locality pay $100,355.00 This is a big difference not just a few dollars, so I want to continue the fight. I talked to my chief nurse at the time I retired and she has always tol me to be patient until I told her I have written proof of who is doing this and it's Bill Timmons. I think he has made my poverty his shining glory since I disclosed the fraud, waste and abuse by his friends. They were never disciplined or got their money back to the VA. I was haraassed when ***** ***** brought his best friends up to take over once I discovered 1.5 million dollars in fraud my first year. I got a pat on the back and my office was moved to the showers. yes.. the storeroom that held excess equipment and showers to beused in the future. One veteran was so grateful to me that when he found out I was on the pariah list, that he went to the senators office to proclaim that the only nurse that had compassion and knew the rules was being harassed and when the high management came down to tell me that I was receiving a phone call from the senator and I was told what I should say or it would not bode well for me. So when they called, I said the party line, but someone in personnel, Bill, kept changing the amount of money I was givenfrequently. So, Al Poteet won that one too. I just want to receive what the pamphlet says I should get $100,355. Is anyone able to help?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We are not allowed to represent anyone from this site. Have you filed your appeal to the pension board yet over your pension amount?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so,no one who is an expert in dealing withe the government bureucrats in Washington DC can help me, but I should find on my own, a lawyer I hope knows what he is doing? You can't or won't helpme since I don't live there? I no loMger live in Alaska, but my husband has been transferred to Honolulu and don't evven know a dentist. Any suggestions give it up?

I am sorry, we are bound by state laws and cannot legally represent anyone from this site. I would thank you for understanding our obligation to follow those laws and not asking us to break the laws.
You can get a local pension law (ERISA) attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com