Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I was fired from my job without reason and my employer tried

Customer Question

I was fired from my job without reason and my employer tried to prevent me from collecting unemployment, but I was eventually awarded unemployment. My ex-boss also owes me a little over $1000.00 in medical benefits, which she is refusing o pay, saying she overpaid me and I owe her money. I have the email where she promised to pay me $333.00 per month for the first 6 months and then $4000.00 for the year. I have every check she ever gave me for med benefits and other out-of-pocket expenses. How can I collect this money owed to me?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Your best remedy in this circumstance would typically be to file a wage claim with the NJ Department of Labor. A wage claim is a free administrative claims process that generally does not require the assistance of an attorney. The DOL will investigate your claim and issue an award against your employer if it finds you are owed money. See here for the form you need to initiate the process.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.