John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

Can my private pension be garnished mortgage default

Customer Question

Can my private pension be garnished for a mortgage default judgement in Missouri?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No, pension funds themselves are held in trust for you while they are not in your pocket. Now when you take distributions from the fund, for example putting the funds in your personal bank, they can garnish what is that account - it is no longer protected by the powers of the trust.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.