Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

Would like to respond to a written reprimand which really

Customer Question

Would like to respond to a written reprimand which really has no basis. Have a new boss who is apparently has been trying to trump up charges against me. I have a union but I really need legal advice on this.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

Address your response to reprimand to the boss here .You do it in letter form and then proceed to refute each item.I would refute all here and present your rebuttal or discussion.I would take each item and then address it which as much space as you need.It makes written record of your version of events.Sign it and submit it here and ask that it be placed in your hr file here.

Mr.***** *****
Boss

Re: My Response to letter of reprimand.

Dear Mr Jones,

I am taking the opportunity to respond to the letter of reprimand issued to me on ...
I want to take the time to respond to each of the items raised in it.

The first item raised in the letter was that I....

The second item raised was

The third item presented was..

And then a paragraph that you feel that overall you were not given opportunity to present these facts so that they could be given fair consideration and seek modification of these allegations.

Sincerely Yours.

Something like this.

I would be happy to review your letter rebuttal once done.I am sending you an offer for additional services if you want that reviewed for comment here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.