Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

If you move from wisconsin to florida, under what

Customer Question

if you move from wisconsin to florida, under what circumstances can unemployment benefits be transferred?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You would not transfer benefits, you would simply continue collecting benefits from the state whose system you paid into. If you moved from Wisconsin to Florida, that would be Wisconsin. It doesn't matter that you are no longer located in the state where you are claiming benefits. Continuing to reside within the state is not a requirement for continued eligibility. You just need to demonstrate that you are able to accept new work and actively seeking work.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.