Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I suffered a stroke 2 years ago and was off work months of

Customer Question

I suffered a stroke 2 years ago and was off work for 10 months for 7 of those months I received disability pay from Prudential. On July 19th ,2014 a doctor hired by my employer dictated a letter stating I could return to my old job, since I work in health care in MN and had been off work for more than 90 days I could not return to work until I passed another background study. Prudential is saying that I owe them for 1/2 month payment stating I should have returned to work on July 19th even though my employer did not get the letter until 7-23 and I was out of town and could not drive long distances so I had to wait until I had a ride home so we meet on 7-26. Our HR person was on vacation so I could not fill out my background study until she returned to work the following Monday 7-29. I returned to work on 8-6 which gave a week for my background study to come back. I do not believe I owe any money back to Prudential since according to our MN statute I could not return to work until I passed a new back ground study. they are now threatening to take my taxes.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

First, reporting someone to the BBB really doesn't do much any more. They really don't have any power so don't expect to receive much satisfaction using that method.

What specific question can I assist with?