Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am requesting please. back again, I need help. I have

Customer Question

I am requesting Doug please. Hello, back again, I need help. I have waited patiently for Kaiser compliance to respond to my complaint of HIPAA violation, made 9/16.I was given the date of 10/5 to call for response, I called on 10/7, was told there was
no information, was not told to call back, but I did on 10/29, told again there was no information, again was not instructed to call back. I called Kaiser Human Resources and was told there was only 1 person for the whole Mid-Atlantic area. I have just filed
an online compliance report with the OCR.. I have found out from my own investigation that an office clerk ( a Kaiser employee at the hospital where I was sent is best friends with the co-worker who repeated publicly to a number of people, this is most likely
how he information got out .In the meantime, I am subjected to this person everyday, One time I was forced to work directly with her when there were other alternatives, my supervisors act as if I am making an issue.I don' know how long I can continue doing
this, it is a very high pressure job to begin with Where/What do I do for protection? Can't I expect more from management? I also think Kaiser is neglent for not responding in a timely manner. Do I need to enlist you or another attorney o obtain some help?
I appreciate any help yoo can offer thanks, ***** *****
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Nicole,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I do recall our last conversation.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What are you expecting from Kaiser? Technically, an employer need not provide an employee with updates when they file a complaint. There certainly is no law compelling them to communicate with you about their findings.

2. What help are you looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. I am interested in the Live discussion via phone but am unable to speak with you today. Will tomorrow evening be acceptable?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Tomorrow will be just fine. I have left the office for the evening anyway.

Doug