Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

I am a temp, year's & 6 month, do law's a ply to all 50

Customer Question

hi, I am a temp , for 2 year`s & 6 month , do law`s a ply to all 50 state`s or just california , I am new in NORTH CAROLINA. I understand every state have differance law`s . I am 58 years & work as a temp . the company only hired young temp`. I been told by Addecco is temp to hired. with in 6 months.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I BEEN DISCRIMINTED?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you are alleging age discrimination, then this falls both under federal and state law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) only forbids age discrimination against people who are age 40 or older. The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

North Carolina however also has a SIMILAR law under NC Gen. Stat. Sec. 143-422.1 et seq.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

So both federal and state law may apply here. Let me know if you wish to know more about how to file a claim, etc.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!