Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My boss has told me on several occasions my job is meant

Customer Question

my boss has told me on several occasions my job is meant for a younger man I am fifty five he is always saying the crew he has is broken down I think he has found a way to get rid of me to replace me with someone younger he has two people under him in early 40s and the guy is thirty five and he hs slowly put them over me when originally we were supposed to be equal i feel i have an age a sexual discrimination problem
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if fired would i have reason to take my company to the labor board
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain what you mean by that? There is no real "labor board" in Texas like some other states have. There is a state Texas Workforce Commission which is essentially the state version of the Department of Labor but they don't get involved in issues between employees and employers other than failure to pay wages and that sort of thing.

Are you asking if you have grounds to sue?