P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11181181

I am a commissioned sales person at CoWorx Staffing Services

Customer Question

I am a commissioned sales person at CoWorx Staffing Services in New Hampshire and they are trying to take my commissions because I missed my appointment goal as stated in my contract. Can you please tell me if this is legal?
thanks,
Caroline
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

NH law allows for employment contracts between the employer and employee.

So long as the terms within the contract do not violate state or federal law, the contracts can be enforced by either party.

What you are describing, it sounds like you have an employment contract that provides you commissions based on sales you are involved in. It also seems that this contract has additional requirements, specifically "appointment goals"

If the contract you signed required you to meet certain goals before you are eligible for commissions, the employer can enforce the terms of the contract.

In other words, if you agreed to meet appointment goals as a condition for receiving commissions, and did not meet the appointment goals, the employer can use that as a basis to refuse the commission.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.