Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

Are branch and general managers immune to individual

Customer Question

Are branch and general managers immune to individual lawsuits for retalitory or discrimination for disparate impact and/or treatment discrimination ? im on my second no hire. Doesn't the DOL law say any interference in employment happyness?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

Any managers here have potential liability and may be sued.Generally they are sued within the scope of their job so the employer has the liability.But a manager can also be used here personally for their actions.

The managers here would have to show that they were not involved here personally or that their actions were not discriminatory and that there was no retaliation here.

These are case by case here the employee has to show the person was involved in some kind of discriminatory activity and/or retaliation. Any suit against them requires proof they were involved and may be disputed.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Have a Happy Halloween.