Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
12711280

I was fired from my job as a retaliatin move my employer

Customer Question

I was fired from my job as a retaliatin move for turning my employer into the state because they would not supply any paper work in a injury case
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

As you know, it is illegal to fire an employee for legally reporting activity by the employer that is illegal. This is a universal exception to employment at will status. You can file a wrongful termination case as a whistleblower under the circumstances and can receive damages, back pay, attorney fees and your job back based on this public policy exception to employment at will status.

Since injury cases are protected under the Americans With Disabilities Act, you can file a complaint through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) as well. The EEOC will review your claim and if they find merit will allow you to sue in Federal Court.

This may also be an instance that falls under the federal False Claims Act wherein you can use on behalf of the citizens if the actions of the employer have crossover to receipt of federal or state funds.

You have 180 days from your termination to file an EEOC complaint, though you should attempt to get that done faster if possible.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively (4 or 5 stars) so that I can receive credit for my work.

Best wishes going forward!

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!

Just checking one last time on you. I want to make sure you are good to go with this issue. Let me know.

Any other questions. Thanks