Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

1. Following review by a business consultant, the APN is

Customer Question

1. Following review by a business consultant, the APN is told that the position is “too expensive” for the practice budget. (The owners of the group have been told to decrease fixed costs, such as YOUR payroll). 2. An advanced practice nurse who has been
employed for 10 years is told that the position is being eliminated. The panel of patients seen by this APN would be given the option of being seen by other healthcare providers in the practice or in the community. ******Describe how the APN might retain his/her
practice while capturing the income stream generated by his/her services.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Jawaad Ahmed replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Can u please explain what you require in this question, What does this APN stands for, please be clear, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Advanced Practice Nurse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can she continue to have her practice and work and make money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been informed that my position is being eliminated. I have been with the company for ten years, and during this time, I have established professional relationships with a number of patients. This is heartbreaking, because providers develop relationships with patients. The best person to treat a patient; is the person who knows the patient. Our patients and families are well aware of the quality of care we provide them with. I must find ways to market myself, but also ensure that I do not violate any contract clauses. Oftentimes, a non-compete agreement is written into many employment contracts. This prevents providers from leaving a position and luring patients with the provider
As Advanced Nurse Practitioners we are in the medical field; not attorneys in the law field, therefore, the first thing I would do is to speak to an attorney to determine the extent of my non-compete clause. My position is being eliminated by my employer. They have the right to do this. I also have the right to discover fully what my options are.

Sorry, I cannot provide the answer of this question as I am out of my resources for this one, thanks.