Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

HR MANAGER THAT WAS SUSPENED DAYS BECAUSE ONE OF THE

Customer Question

I AM AN HR MANAGER THAT WAS SUSPENED FOR 3 DAYS BECAUSE ONE OF THE RESTAURANT SERVERS CONTRACTED BY A TEMPORARY LABOR SERVICE COMPANY IS ILEGAL. I HAVE THE CONTRACT WITH THE SERVICE COMPANY SIGNED BY MY BOSS. THE COMANY I WORKED FOR DOESNT HAVE ANY POLICY ABOUT HOW TO HANDLE CONTRACT LABOR WORKERS. IS IS A FAIR SUSPENSION AND POSIBLE TERMINATION?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When should i expect your response?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but I am a bit unclear as to your post--are you asking if the suspension is valid or legal? Is checking employment status and legality your responsibility or someone else's, or that was never defined? How large is your department? Please advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is my situation. They fired me because poor judgement. A temporary contract labor service company brought in an employee. The hotel does not hire these employees. The employee comes through the temp contract company. My HR office is not required to ask for any documentation. We only used a contract agreement that is signed by the Corporate office. We found out that this person did not have legal papers to work in the USA. Corporate officer said that I allow this to happen that I was allowing illegal to work in the hotel so they fired me.