P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11181181

I told my boss Iam putting in my two weeks. The next work

Customer Question

I told my boss Iam putting in my two weeks. The next work day was not picked up for work after being told they were on the way. I found another job after not being picked up. The last paycheck I recieved from them took over five days to recieve.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not see a question. Do you have a question this evening? Are you asking if they can fire you and not let you have 2 weeks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam asking if It is worth my time to sue for not being paid within 72 hours of being let go.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
Can you tell me, which state is this happening in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alaska
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, is it worth the time and money?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

When an employee is fired, the employer must pay all monies owed to the employee within three business days (this from Alaska Statute 23.05.140)

If they are not following the law? I would file a complaint with the Alaska department of labor. They can sanction the employer and ensure you are paid.l

You can sue as well...but I suspect it would be easier to report to the state and let them engage for you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.