Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have worked years at a company and did not have any

Customer Question

I have worked for 33 years at a company and did not have any previous disciplinary issues.
Recently I had an accident with a company vehicle that resulted in minor damage to another car. I was tested for alcohol and sent home waiting results from a urine test. The HR Rep. said if I tested clean I would get paid for the time off. Upon returning I was told would not get paid. Also the HR Rep. did not notify me two days after I tested like he said he would which resulted in me losing 3 days pay. The company policy clearly states that 1st offense would result in an oral warning. What should I do? This is a non- union plant.
Thanks,
Stan D.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Do you feel that you were being targeted and discriminated against based upon your race, age, religion, gender, or disability? That is, have they applied this policy differently to other employees, where the only difference in the employee is his/her race, age, religion, gender or disability?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Unfortunately I cannot communicate with you by phone, email, fax, or any other method off this site, per the terms of service of the site relating to the forming of attorney-client relationships. But we can proceed with the question here. If you answer my follow up question I will try to assist as much as possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to cancel this process as it will be far to complicated to work on without talking ! I not expect a charge as this was of no help!
xxxx xxxxx