Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a shushi bar in frotjackson columbia sc,.i was force

Customer Question

I have a shushi bar in frotjackson columbia sc,.i was force to close my shop because they said of the flood and the waters is not clean enought for the food..its been almost 3weeks by now,.and still close...i lose my income and my empolyee want me to pay him for those days,i dont know what to do??i have commercial insurance from nationwide,.but i am not so sure what they can do for me??is there any thing i can cliam for my lose???i need help??please!!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If your state has been declared a disaster area by the Federal Emergency Management Agency ("FEMA"), you would be able to apply for assistance with FEMA. Otherwise, you have to look to your commercial insurance for relief. You need to contact your insurance claims department as to your options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my insurance do not want to pay for my net income loss??can i still apply or FEMA ??and how do i apply for that??can you please tell me,.thank you..

As previously stated, you can only apply to FEMA if your state has been declared a disaster area. Otherwise, you cannot. For FEMA contact information, click on the link below:

http://www.fema.gov/contact-us: