Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Can a 10099 employee be ordered to do push-ups late in front

Customer Question

Can a 10099 employee be ordered to do push-ups for being late in front of his piers at a meeting . I tod my d m that I was 61 years old and that I would to do his blank push-ups 29 reps present as well as the d m for 30 other reps.i was reviewed by my do 2 weeks earlier and to solicited more accounts fill up our pipeline. This happened on a Tueday meeting Friday nite I received a call saying I needed to work next day in another city and also pick up 2 accounts same day or I would be fired. I was fired the next Friday. He fired me he said because my wages for a 1099 employee were very low thought I could do better somewhere else. Confused
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

It sounds like you were treated very unfairly and disrespectfully. However, it is not illegal for an employer to be unfair or disrespectful, and none of the facts you have described would suggest that you have any legal claims against your employer. All you can do is attempt to persuade them to re-hire you. But candidly, this sounds like a job you are best served moving on from. I am sure you will be able to find other employment where you are more valued and treated with the respect you deserve.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.