Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

Clean Record Settlement What does this entail? Federal

Customer Question

Clean Record Settlement
What does this entail?
Federal Government Sector
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. A clean record settlement in the Federal sector is an agreement that results in an employment action that was taken against the federal employee is cleared from their employment files (OPF). This is generally done through a negotiated settlement agreement between the Federal agency and the Federal employee involved in an MSPB appeal. The goal for the employee in a clean record agreement is to eliminate, or minimize, the negative employment information that could affect their future employment in the Federal or private sector.

There are a different types of CRS. Some CRS provisions fully delete a proposed removal action, or previously made decision, from OPFs and the like, while other types specify the specific information that will be disclosed by an agency when contacted by another employer. Others may not rescind documentation issued, but instead agree to change the Form SF-50 documentation that was issued in the OPF.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if you have them. If not, if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 20th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at :http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.