Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

Do you know of any employment advocates/social workers who

Customer Question

Do you know of any employment advocates/social workers who can help me with various job problems that I am having? I am working as a caregiver/music therapist for a non-profit agency-Helping Hands in East Lansing; and I am 66 yrs old. I have worked with a rehab. counselor in the past, but she closed my case as soon as I was hired into my current job three years ago. I have needed someone to advocate for me on several occasions where I was injured on the job; and my employer treated it lightly, even though I suffered a mild Traumatic Brain Injury twice in 14 months. The activity coordinator has verbally harrassed me, this past year, as well on numerous occasions.
Thanks for your help!
Barbara J. Carlisle
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

you need to consider filing a workers compensation claim that will treat any of your work-related injuries. Here is a link to some workers comp attorneys in East Lansing:https://www.justia.com/lawyers/workers-compensation/michigan/east-lansing

These attorneys will represent you on a contingency basis and seek medical benefits, treatment on your behalf.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.