Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I was fired by mabstoa mta i was a bus operator i forgot to

Customer Question

i was fired by mabstoa mta i was a bus operator i forgot to disclose one of my convictions on my application but i did disclose it on the second at zerega mta orientation is there a way i can fight them i also took the test wright behind the test i got hired on also bus operator exam and scored high i want to no if they will hire me again
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, failure to disclose can be grounds for them to refuse to hire you, but also the conviction itself is a basis for them to deny your employment. The union can seek to file a grievance and go to arbitration and if they did so and were not successful then your SOLE recourse and option is filing suit in court by proving that their termination violated your contract with them. If you cannot prove the violation of the contract with them, then I am afraid the court cannot help either.