Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My last employer used policy to terminate me. The manager

Customer Question

My last employer used policy to terminate me. The manager changed the schedule after posting work time. My kitchen On-call was 100 %, because a message was left on my phone. The manager of the Portor called at A.M to give himself the power to terminate not the message of schedule change was given untill a day later. I think this practice is playing in to my disability and He deliberatly changed schedule to have me tricked to power of termination .
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If you feel there was a set up based on your disability, then I suggest you can consider filing a complaint with the EEOC.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

When you file the complaint, the EEOC will investigate. If they find discrimination, then they will either suggest mediation, take the matter to court for you (this is very rare) or issue you a Notice of Right to Sue.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

With the Notice you can then consult with local attorneys about the merits of a discrimination case.