Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Was told by the director, can not "age out" of department.

Customer Question

was told by the director, can not "age out" of department. told I should consider transferring out or resigning.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me a bit more about what has happened, etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ort director called me and another employee into his office. had our supervisor with us. he read our job description to us. than told us we could not age out of the department. went over how we cant say we won't do this won't carry that. the whole meeting was so strange. after about 30 minutes he starts telling us what a great job we are doing how he really likes what we had done.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Okay. I am not sure what you mean by "cannot age out of the department?" Can you please be more specific? What was he saying? And is he threatening to fire you or transfer you based only on your age? Finally, how old are you, please?

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!