Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I had some person evaluation papers stolen from my notebook

Customer Question

I had some person evaluation papers stolen from my notebook at work. My employer doesn't want to do anything about it. Do I have any legal rights?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter.

I suggest, it is up to your employer to determine what kind of action to take. I know they are personal papers, but they hold no monetary value. So you cannot make a police report. I suggest, if you feel that this problem is being ignored because of a discriminating factor such as your race, religion, age, a disability, national origin, you can broach the subject again with HR and tell them you feel you are being discriminated against and you would like an in house investigation. If they do not, and you feel it is based on discrimination, you can file an EEOC complaint.

I am sorry that there is apparently a thieve among you and that the employer is unconcerned.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you