Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I M a 60 year old female who has been working full time same

Customer Question

I M a 60 year old female who has been working full time for this same facility for 7 years. I'm a good worker with rare call off and on time. I'm also the longest employed nurse there. Recently I took a medical leave and had to be off work for 8 weeks.
I have a Drs excuse that I can't work more than 4 days a week mon thru thursday as i have for the past 7 years. Also I was hired in for a 4 days a week schedule.
Since Ive returned to work my boss has been changing my work schedule all around to suit a fairly new prn employee.
My schedule is a blank until the week before so I never know what days I have off.
No other full time employee has a blank schedule like mine. Mine was always a set schedule.
Also my boss stated that the Administrator said I'm going to have to work 5 days a week soon. Even though I have a Drs excuse .
Also when trying to collect my disability insurance which I had been pain for I had to wait a very lomg time to get paid because the Administrator had written me off the books.
There is a very high turnover rate of employees there snd many fired for any reason. I feel she us pressuring me to quit or be fired.
I feel I am discriminated against because of my age and recent medical leave.
What options or rights do I have?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also my administrator has not said one word to me after 8 weeks off on medical leave
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

This does appear to have some discrimination.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest your recourse is to first speak to your in house HR representative and tell them you are feeling discriminated against.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Give them an opportunity to explain how you can now be forced to work 5 days since you have a doctor's letter limiting to 4 days -

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If you are not satisfied with their response and action Or if you are still forced to work the 5 days, I suggest you consider filing an EEOC Complaint for disability and age as well as harassment.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that your complaint can be detailed and so you can cover all three of those issues.
Here is the LINK