Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

How do I find out who collects COBRA premiums since my

Customer Question

How do I find out who collects COBRA premiums since my former employer filed BKR 7 and closed the business?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You should send inquiry to the Attorney who handled the bankruptcy case for your former employer. The Attorney's information is on the notice that you should have received for the bankruptcy case because as a former employee making COBRA payments, you are a creditor of the former employer. If you did not get a notice of the bankruptcy filing, then you need to contact the bankruptcy Court in the District where the business was located to get the Attorney's information. To locate the bankruptcy Court where the case was filed, click on the link below:

http://www.uscourts.gov/court-locator