Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I sold my business and the new owner opened a letter

Customer Question

I sold my business and the new owner opened a letter addressed to me as former employer of one of my employees on my behalf and asked to deny the claim. Is this legal? Do I have recourse?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Legally, he should not have done so and lacked standing. You may want to alert unemployment of this and file your own response. You may also write to the former employer and demand he cease and desist from doing so and in the future forward mail to you. If needed, the letter can come on lawyer letterhead for more effect if you think he wont listen directly to you. I do not suggest a lawsuit unless he continues to act in your name, in which case you can indeed sue for damages and an injunction.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Maureen replied 1 year ago.
Hello Janet,
We need to contact you, but because we do not have your email address, we are unable to. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/employment-law/9cpi3-sold-business-new-owner-opened-letter-addressed.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am a different contributor, did you still require assistance or information?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly let me know if the answer is acceptable, and if I may clarify anything.