Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If I was verbal promised that after the death of the person

Customer Question

If I was verbal promised that after the death of the person I was a live in care giver for,I would be able to reside in the home and pay his daughter 300 max for rent and his son would take care of my needs money wise till I find a job,since i gave up
my job to take card of him and i have a son Mow the man is dying and the kids fired me and are kicking me out
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a question. What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the man can't talk and they fired me and are trying to throw me out do I have any right if so what are they

Thank you for the information.

Yes, you do have rights. They cannot force you out without a Court Order. If and when they file eviction case against you, you would defend the eviction case by showing that you were promised a place to stay in exchange for taking care of the person; that you quit your job to live there based on this promise. That you relied on the promise to your detriment and so, the Court should not allow them to evict you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What steps do I take if they didn't pay me my last full week

You need to file workplace rights complaint with Washington Department of Labor and Industries.

Click on the link below for the complaint process:

http://www.lni.wa.gov/WorkplaceRights/ComplainDiscrim/WRComplaint/default.asp