Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

This case is about an assault on my curriculum design

Customer Question

This case is about an assault on my curriculum design methodology of 23 years with 12 years of it at the school where the assault took place. This assault took place at Pittsburg Adult Education Center (PAEC), Pittsburg, California, one of the 14 schools under Pittsburg Unified School District (PUSD). It started on 3/13/14 and ended on 12/18/14. It happened after a new principal took office and unleashed her lack of cultural sensitivity towards mostly disadvantaged students, gender favoritism, inappropriate budgetary cutback plan and retaliation on me. My curriculum methodology which was designed mostly for disadvantaged students had won student satisfaction for 12 years and consisted of teaching computer applications to them in such a way that knowledge inaccessibility, the main learning barrier of cultural background and family life differences, was no longer an issue with this type of students. While traditional teaching methodology was mostly language-based, timed, group-centered, lecture- and theory-oriented, my curriculum methodology was self-paced, semi-tutorial, problem-solving, multi-subject and portfolio-evidenced. I had also used the same type of teaching methodology successfully at two other schools for the same type of students. I have complained about this assault on my teaching practices and career to EEOC and received a right to sue letter from them but have not taken any additional actions on it.
DEEPER BACKGROUND
In 2013 the PAEC vice principal Lynne Nicodemus reached the position of principal through exploiting a fear factor in part-time instructors to whom she was a vice principal before. The fear factor which was exploited to reach her self-promotion was the fact that part-time instructors had been labeled ‘temporary instructors’ and denied union membership. Through a conduit employee, the vice principal had most of 50 part-time instructors sign a petition in her support that she had then presented to the district HR department and the school Board as her qualifications for becoming the new principal. She succeeded at this maneuver and became the principal of PAEC. I, as one of those part-time instructors, with track record of 12 years of successful teaching at the school, had refused to sign this petition and circulated a statement regarding it to some of my colleagues and the superintendent of the school district. Immediately after this action the new principal started supplanting against me by giving away some of my multi-subject courses to other instructors. This caused low enrollment to my courses, and then she used it as an excuse to force me out of my job after she had done similar mistreatments to two black male instructors who now are out of work as well.
WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO SEE IF I HAVE A CASE THROUGH AN INVESTIGATION OF THE STATEMNETS OF THE FOLLOWING PARTIES?
1. Letter to Ms. Nicodemus (the selected principal)
Dear Ms. Nicodemus:
Allegations have been brought against you that in 2013-2014 you caused quitting, layoff or firing of 3 male computer instructors at Pittsburg Adult Education Center, Pittsburg, California. The instructor who has brought these allegations against you says your actions were gender-ethnicity-retaliation motivated, and that your motivations were acted upon because these instructors were not allowed to have any union representation. Additionally this instructor contends that his layoff was engineered by you in giving his courses away to other instructors and thus causing low class enrollments that you then later used as basis of making his earnings so low that he could not even subsist. Additionally he has alleged that you had attempted to make his layoff look like a quitting rather than an outright layoff, an action that EDD has ruled as a layoff.
2. Calling other two instructors who were pushed out of their PAEC teaching jobs to find what they have to say and that why they are not working at that school any longer. I have not prepared these instructors for your calls but I am sure they won’t mind your contacts (Also names of a few still-working white instructors are available for the same kind of investigation, if you so choose):
Samuel Vaughn: (925) 439-(###) ###-####(Computer Instructor, male, black)
Jim Okeigwe:(###) ###-####(Computer Instructor, male, black)
3. Calling Pittsburg Unified School District and School Board president, Duane Smith, at(###) ###-#### ***** order to find out what they may provide you as the qualifications of Ms. Lynne Nicodemus for having been selected as the principal of Pittsburg Adult Education Center, Pittsburg, California.
4. Calling Tammy Carr, President of Pittsburg Education Association (PEA), at(###) ###-#### ***** find what the history of PAEC part-time instructors’ union membership has been and why that the
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your online record of my case profile seems to have the following section missing:
4. Calling Tammy Carr, President of Pittsburg Education Association (PEA), at(###) ###-#### ***** find what the history of PAEC part-time instructors’ union membership has been and why that they have been denied membership to PEA for almost five decades.
5. Calling Enrique Palacios, Business Services Superintendent of PUSD,(###) ###-#### ***** find out what his instructions to Ms. Nicodemus was regarding “cutting hours” of instructors at PAEC.
I would greatly appreciate this free consultation.
Sincerely,
Cyrus Pakzad, (Persian American former CTE Instructor at PAEC)(###) ###-####2416 Tice Creek Drive #1
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4. Calling Tammy xxx, President of Pittsburg Education Association (PEA), at (xx) xxx-xxxx, to find what the history of PAEC part-time instructors’ union membership has been and why that they have been denied membership to PEA for almost five decades.
5. Calling Enrique Palacios, Business Services Superintendent of PUSD, (xxx) xxx-xxx, to find out what his instructions to Ms. Nicodemus was regarding “cutting hours” of instructors at PAEC.
I would greatly appreciate this consultation.
Sincerely,
Cyrus xxxx, (Persian American former CTE Instructor at PAEC)
xxx-xxx-xxx
xxxx xxx xxxx xxxxxx
xxxxx xxxx, xxx xxxxx
***@******.***