Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My bonus was guaranteed in my offer letter total of $20,000

Customer Question

My bonus was guaranteed in my offer letter for a total of $20,000 for my first 12 months of employment. I was terminated approx 2 month prior and did not receive the full $20,000 guarantee. Can I go back and get paid the rest? My start date was 10.13 and my last day worked was 8.4?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you could sue the for the guaranteed bonus amount. The offer letter entitled you to a bonus and you were not given such bonus. Perhaps writing them a letter of this intention could generate some kind of early resolution so that you would not have to file a claim.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.