Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

In minnesota can an employer withhold company benefits from

Customer Question

In minnesota can an employer withhold company benefits from an employee kept at seasonal status for 8 months?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, an employer could do so. While private employers have the ability to define employees how they choose, the state will look to their own definitions of "seasonal employee" to determine if the employer is engaging in any sort of inappropriate discrimination.

The state itself though allows the designation of a seasonal employee for up to (but no more than) 10 months of every 12 month period. The state would recognize and allow, for their own purposes, seasonal status of 8 months.

I see that you posted a request. Did you have any additional questions, because your requested service would not go through. I can address your additional questions here, in the forum.

The payment for your requested additional service is being rejected, so it cannot be set up.

You'll have to address your additional questions here please.