Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

W. I filed a claim with Cigna Dental work and I had 10 teeth

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** filed a claim with Cigna for major Dental work and I had 10 teeth pulled due to my gums being in bad shape I filed a claim on 8/3 I was only approved for 1 day that was the day I had 3 teeth pulled .prior to that I had 6 teeth pulled and had to take off 2 days and this was denied what can I do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid we do not understand your question, you were approved and denied by whom? What is the actual question, can you please clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By my FMLA case Manager and should I appeal and how do I do this

Thank you for your reply and clarification.

If your employer is denying you FMLA, it does not matter how many doctors or dentists were involved for the process as long as it was a qualified medical condition and your recourse would be to file a complaint with the US Department of Labor, since they handle violations of FMLA. If your condition qualifies for FMLA, which it should, then you need to resubmit all of your documentation for both treatments and in your letter you need to state that these both qualify under FMLA and the denial of leave is a violation of your rights and you are asking them to reconsider to grant the leave. If they refuse your appeal, then your next step is you need to contact the US Department of Labor and you need to ask them to investigate your claim.