Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

If I deny a grievance based on one parameter and the union

Customer Question

If I deny a grievance based on one parameter and the union pursues the grievance, can I later add additional parameters for which the grievance is not valid?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You are not limited to one ground. All grounds are reserved and maintained! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Does this apply everywhere or do labor laws vary by state? I am in RI.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Very welcome. Applies in RI. Laws vary by state. Kindly select an excellent rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if this qualifies as a followup or new question, but Is employee discipline private? In other words, if an employee gets a verbal or written warning, can the employer tell other employees that another employee was disciplined?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

It normally is kept between employer and employee. That said the discipline could be disclosed to others at the company at employer discretion. Often it is not. It typically is not disclosed outside the company. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.